PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
Over the years McCranie's has commisoned various pipes makers such as Tonino Jacono, Ashton, John Redman Co. and so on to produce pipes for the shop. Well recently McCranie's commisioned Tonino Jacono to make some nice high quality pipes for the shop. This particular line is called "MARCHES".....it refers to an area where Tonino works.
I purchased this one a few weeks ago when they arrived. It's billiard shape Number: 152.....the 5 is the shape number and the 1 and the 2 represent the year 2012. The engineering, fit and finish are spot on. McCranie's had Tonino do a different rustication style that is different from Tonino's Knight grade.
It smokes like a dream.
DSCF2610.jpg

DSCF2611.jpg

DSCF2612.jpg

DSCF2613.jpg

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Nice pipe. I was at there shop on park road today. I picked up another clay, broke the other one.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
@mp31guitar I was in the shop as well today. Got there around 12noon. I was the guy in the red and white striped polo shirt. I was there until about 4pm.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I just missed you. I was there around 11am. I didn't stay to long. Maybe we can get together for a smoke sometime.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
I'm at the Park Rd store near South Park 99% of the time on saturdays. For those that heven't been before, the pipe selection is MUCH more plentiful than their sister store up at the lake. Matter of fact I'm there now.

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
Man that one is awesome. The website only shows 2 styles available. Do they have any others i.e. the style you picked up in shop? G1

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
What's showing available is all there is at the moment. More on the way. There were many that never even got a chance to be photographed for the website. I was there when the initial shipment arrived. As soon as the pipes were pulled from the box they were getting sold instantly. McCranie's house pipes have had a reputation over the years for being quality smokers....hence the buying frenzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.