Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I went to McCranie's in Charlotte, North Carolina, talked to Todd McCranie, and took some pictures.
Here's my report:

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-manufacturer-retailer-spotlight/mccranies-pipe-and-tobacco-shop-charlotte-nc/

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
They're excellent folks to deal with, very friendly and knowledgable.

pappy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2011
I just read the McCranie's article. It's great to have faces to put with the names. I've been buying from them off and on for a few years. My favorite is their Somerled blend. I just bought a tin and I'm really enjoying it. Wish I lived close enough to be a "regular" there. :D

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
When not traveling, I can be found hanging out at their main location on Park Rd most afternoons and on saturdays.

adam12

May 16, 2011
This thread deserves a bump.
Murdock's Pipe = CRACK. I could eat the stuff if I didn't get ill. Red Ribbon is pretty much the best tobacco known to mankind.
You have never lived life the right way unless you hit up the Park Road McCranie's when they open and hang out until they close. It is, without question, the perfect tobacco shop experience. Hanging out, shooting the breeze, drinking coffee, smokin a pipe.
One of the best in-shop pipe selections, new and estate, in the southeast. Bar none. And the best part is the helpful and cool staff.
I miss that place. Anyone within a few hours makes me jealous.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
Yep the thread does deserve a bump. McCranie's should be advertising here.....maybe Kevin can give them a call and persuade them.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
I alway go to the Cornelius store I may need to drive the extra 45 min and check out the Park road location

and Kevin when ya coming back to Charlotte?

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
I just tried to place an order from them, but they were out of several tins of one Item I wanted, so I postponed.

I wanted to get some of the Red VA too. Thing is, they followed my instructions, didnt try a hard sell, understood my desire to make the shipping charge cost effective (big order) and cheerfully agreed to me ordering some other time. What a pleasure.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I had a bowl of Murdock's Pipe today. It is the only blend I have a dedicated pipe for, and the only blend, besides Old Dublin, that I always have on hand and open.

And I gotta agree that Red Ribbon is some very fine stuff indeed. :puffy:

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
bought a stellar Lorenzo modern oom paul from them on Ebay. Near mint, 31$ 1st class pipe sock, and excellent shipping. Ill check em out for baccy. five+ stars :clap:

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I have only been to the Cornelius shop since that is where I stay when I visit family. I will be back there at the end of the month and will be picking up some more Red Ribbon. It'd be nice to have a little meet and greet there or even at the Park Road location. I'll be there over Memorial Day weekend.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
@ mattmars yep you definitely need to check out the Park Rd location. Much larger selection of pipes and tobacco. Maybe Ill see you there.

pipemama

Lurker
May 8, 2012
I've not had the pleasure of going to the shop, but I did get to chat with Tom at the Chicago Show a few years back. They were using his Red Ribbon as the Slow Smoking Contest tobacco. Needless to say, I was excited about the contest that year as I enjoy his tobacco so much. I didn't realize at the time it was Tom, but was surprised later by another smoker. What a priceless chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.