PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
This is my first impression of the blend and not really a review.
This wasn't anything like I was expecting. It doesn't have the strong smoky smell of most Lat flakes. The tin note is a combination of freshly ground tea with a bit of leather. It took a little work to get the flakes burning but it stayed lit with only a few relights throughout the rest of the bowl. I was surprised how mild and smooth it is. Zero tongue bite. It has a sweet taste and reminds me more of Syrian than Cyprian Latakia. I got a massive nic buzz from this blend that I haven't had since huffing cigarettes in middle school, but I think this will be a blend I like the more I smoke it.
If anyone else has tried this, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the blend.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I didn't realize how wildly popular this blend is until seeing the massive replies to this thread.
Should I have mentioned it's balanced nuance of complexity?

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
After reading your first impression of this blend earlier I actually added two tins to my TAD list. I've never tried it before, but its a blend I've been curious about. Thanks for posting on it.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I've been interested in this blend for awhile, it sounds like an artful balance, I've suspected it to be probably a blend that flies under the radar while everyone searches out and fights for others.

P

pipebuddy

I have bought 5 tins of it some years back. It was the weirdest smell ever for a pipe tobacco that I have experienced. The Stoved VAs in the flake really makes for a very different, enjoyable, smoking experience. A loooooooong, smooth burn. Very nice and relaxing.

After a few years of aging, it took on a salty taste to it.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
@pipebuddy
You're right, it definitely has a unique tin note. I was expecting a strong smoky Lat smell. I think it smells like fresh tea bags with a bit of leather. For a kick in the pants nicotine powerhouse, it is exceptionally smooth and mild.

P

pipebuddy

Don't let the tin aroma make you suspicious. It really has a nice taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.