PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've had three of the offerings so far, Best of Show, Town Topic, and Easy Street and I have to say this is one quality aromatic line. All of them have a great marrying of leaf and casing combinations and they burn superbly. The only detracting part of these blends is that they due tend to come a bit moist in the tin. Other than that though the three I've had have all been wonderful. Anyone else have thoughts or comments on this line?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Haven't tried them yet, but I have an unopened tin of Best In Show I'll be cracking open soon. Thanks for posting your thoughts, I actually ordered the tin based on the description alone.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Best of Show was the first one I got. I actually picked up the last tin the B&M had after a pipe club meeting, because one of the guys had grabbed a tin earlier and let me have a bowl. Great nougat casing. It comes through nicely into the smoke.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've had Town Topic and Pal O' Mine. They're nice but I prefer C&D's Autumn Evening for the maple.I think I remember an old OTC called John Rolfe had a peach flavor to it but I can't swear to it.

Anyway, McC's aro's are high quality as are all of their blends. Happy smoke rings.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
@ lordofthepiperings
Have you smoked any of the Bowells? I am asking because I love aeros and after a lot of great things said of them I was going to get some Boswells in my next TAD order. After reading some of the reviews of the McClelland's Premium Aromatics I am at a bit of a crossroads. Though I will probably just give in a buy both I was wondering how they compared?
Anyone else try aeros from both?

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
These are all very high-quality aromatic blends. On the other hand, they aren't so special that I think they will convert an aromatic-hater. Personally, I keep a few tins of Captain Cool in my cellar and ignore the rest (it's one of a handful of guilty aromatic pleasures I keep around).

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just got into Mellow Mack. It's a nice blend with a casing of pecan and honey. Nice light, mellow, smooth smoke that's good any time of the day. Like the others it burns wonderfully and has a good flavor transfer. I'm really digging it right now with the pecan flavor playing center stage and it being the holiday season and all.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Town Topic Rocks!

+1 Totally agree
Picked up Town Topic and Autumn Evening after a thread about tobaccos with maple. Finished the tin of Town Topic in just over a week and just ordered 2 more tins. Working on Autumn Evening now (also a very nice smoke). Didn't really consider myself an aro smoker, but these are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.