PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Amazing English blend - 4 stars in TobaccoReviews.com. Correct amount of moisture content and good to smoke right from the newly opened tin. No real need to have to age, but is surely will only get better with time! Medium to full, smooth and creamy with no bite at all. this blend smokes cool and requires few re-lights. You can tell that this some very high quality tobacco. Will be sure to keep a few tins of this in stock at all times. Cannot recommend this blend enough.

bb

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I am one of those four star reviewers on TR.com and can fire through a tin of Old Dog in less than four days. It and their Grand Orientals: Yenidje Highlander are my favorite McClellands.

pauljmjr

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
I discovered Old Dog several months ago and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I agree -- this is similar to McClelland's Frog Morton blends. Really high quality tobaccos -- and blended very well. A smooth, tasty, and really exceptional treat. Highly recommended.

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I have a tin of it as well, wasn't sure when to crack it open but based on the reviews and your review here I may save it for a rainy day!
This is probably the only sunny day we've had here in Scotland in weeks, come on rain!

pauljmjr

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
I discovered Old Dog about 6 months ago and I agree with the rest of the positive comments here. I'm a big Frog Morton fan but I actually like Old Dog even more. It is obviously blended with really terrific quality tobaccos. Very nice, full flavor, really delicious. Definitely highly recommended.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
Sounds great. Thanks for posting it as I had not come across it. I like such blends and my fav so far is Larry's Blend by H&H. Anyone know how Old Dog compares to Larry?

Status
Not open for further replies.