PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
I was excited to try this tobacco after reading some reviews and getting some input on a good coffee/chocolate flavored baccy. Right out of the bag, I thought it had the faint smell of straight cocoa with a little bit of cedar, which I thought seemed strange. I put it in my "beater" (a MM gentleman) and lit it up, and I was not sure what to think. The cedar taste really came out, and took me completely by surprise. I've let it sit overnight and it started smelling more like chocolate, and less like cedar.
Anyone ever had this happen? I know it's a good idea to let tobaccos sit a little while, but I feel like a bulk tobacco would've already had some time to sit.

Jan 8, 2013
The blender probably used powdered creamer in that batch instead of half and half.
:rofl: I just blew half the tobacco and ashes out of my pipe... thank you very much. I needed a good laugh though and that did it.
Jmsutton.... I'm intrigued and would like to know what you think of the tobacco after you've smoked another bowl or two. I may give it a try at some point.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Hey Gents,
McClelland's Mocha Black is actually one of my favorite aromatic blends and was surprised to see someone asking questions about it. It is a very mild blend in the strength department and I really enjoy the flavor presentation (dark chocolate, bitter-sweet) presented at the match to the last puff. And, it actually burns pretty dry which will shock you when you see and feel the tobacco.
I am giving up sweets for Lent again this year and hope smoking Mocha Black isn't considered cheating. :wink:

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
Here's a little update:
I let the tobacco sit in the bag it came in for two days, then let it sit overnight in a pipe. It was fantastic the next day. I great cocoa taste with a little bit of coffee in the back ground. I really enjoyed it during the snow storm we were having. Made trying to thaw our well pump a little bit more enjoyable. haha.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I too was surprised to see a mention of this blend. We sell a fair amount of it at the smoke shop and although I've personally never had the pleasure of smoking it, it's got some high marks coming from those that do. I'm not an Aro smoker but I often times grab that jar and inhale thinking that when I do finally give an Aro an honest try, this might be the one.

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
@settersbrace I would seriously consider it. This, or Stokkebye's nougat. Both are sweet but not overkill.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
As far as not drying out because its bulk doesn't help. Who knows when it was pulled out of the big as bag it came in or if it was first in a jar.
I like it and also like to add to it about 25% of "Just plain Nut" Also blends nice with a nutty dark burly if you want nicotine.
If you want a milk chocolate try Chocolate truffle. Smokes a bit hot though and is rich. Once again I add it to something else to cut down the heat and strength of flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.