PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Received 2 50gr. Tins . When I first opened the can I was pleasantly surprised by the sweet, wonderful smell of Rum and CoCoa . I packed a bowl in my Mark Tinsky bent apple , and lit it with the complimentary matches sent from P&C order . At first was a familiar sweetness that hit my pallet , followed by a hint of roasted pecan . It was a good smoke IMHO , but The tin of the 2011 was a bit better . The smoke was moist and I had to relite a couple of times . I would give it a 6.5/10 . The 2011 7.5/10 . A really good smoke for the holidays . I'm waiting on an assortment of other blends from various company's , and will give my opinion after I crack them open .

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
I recently got my tin from 4noggins. I enjoyed it but have never tried any of the other holiday belnds from previous years. But, I did also recieve 4oz of Mocha Black which has got my attention atm.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Hmmm ... Rum and Cocoa? Did they flavour their 2012 edition?! I still have unopened tins from 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011. Recently cracked open the 2009er, which I greatly enjoy mixed in with Frog Morton. The 07 and 08 won't be opened until 2020 - getting ready for some seriously aged VA ... *yummy* :))

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Holiday spirit and Christmas cheer are two different blends. Holiday spirit is the same blend year after year (rum coco pecan) and christmas cheer is always a premium Va. flake

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I have 1 tin cellared, guess i shouldve ordered 2 so i could open one now. maybe i'll peruse P&C or SP.com

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I would like to try Mocha Black as well . I recently have placed a few blends in the safe . Royal Cajun , A couple diff Frog Morton's , 1Q , Hearth and Home fuseliers ration & Gerberus , and some various bulk VA'S . I will open in two years . I opened the fuseliers ration and I must say its pretty good . :puffpipe:

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I absolutely love the smell of this. I think I'm going to have to buy another tin. I thought it was extremely moist straight out of the tin but after a dud match, charing light, actual light and one relight it had no problem staying lit.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I picked up a 50g tin of the 2012 Holiday Spirit and 2 oz of RLP-6 at Cup o' Joes a few days back. The aroma of the Holiday is out of this world! Room note on both is very good according to the Mrs. However, I feel like the 6 offers me, the smoker, more than the HSpirit. That said, I am enjoying both this holiday season!

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
This is truly one of my absolute favorites! I feel like I need to horde it in case it ever goes out of stock! Everything about it is amazing. it smokes great, it tastes great, and it smells great! Its one of the few that I would rate 5 stars for all three aspects. I love it!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I got a tin of Holiday Spirit from my Secret Santa. It's a decent aromatic.I would agree with the OP and give it a 6.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.