PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I think I did a review on this or commented on it in another thread. I wanted to do another review on this tobacco.
As I've been back smoking a pipe for about 6mo now my tastes are changing and my palate is becoming more in tune with the tobaccos I smoke.
I have smoked about half a 50g tin of this so far and I must say that it is a nice smoke. I didn't like the tin not (and still don't really favor it) but it is not really detectable once it's lit. I do like the tastes and aromas from this tobacco but I find it to be very light in flavor and when it's smoked slow it releases nice mellow flavors. I do find that I get a slight ketchupy ghosting in my mouth but a drink of iced tea, or anything really, takes it away. I can see this tobacco growing on me more. I just wish the tin I got wasn't 6yr old so I could taste the difference between new and aged.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Personally I love the McC's ketchup smell. It's the result of the tobacco going through a fermentation process in teh tin. I don't know if it goes away when it's fully aged or what, but I find McC's tinned variety is far superior to a bulk variety of the same stuff because of the fermentation that happens.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Sounds like a fine tin. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm sure I would like it. I have a fondness for Oriental Mixture No.1 (Va/O with a tiny amount of lakatia) and this sounds like it would offer a nice variation on a Va Oriental mix.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
The only grand oriental I find to be quite oriental is the black sea sokouhm that I've tried, the other ones are more of a virgina blend I find and not really oriental tasting. Bascially it's not a very oriental forward blend in my opinon, get it more if your looking for a virginia with a bit of something else mixed in.

Aug 1, 2012
I've got the Smyrna and Samsun to try so I guess this one might have to join the cellar next. What a problem to have right?

Status
Not open for further replies.