PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I found Wilderness to be very cool smoking, the nic hit wasn't bad at all for those who don't like nic bombs like Dunhill Nightcap. It has a woody aftertaste, and earns the name Wilderness, puff on it next to a fire on a windless night under the stars for full effect. Definitely a worthy investment of cellar-space IMHO.

Jul 15, 2011
Wilderness was a strange beast for me. First few times I smoked it I felt as though it had no flavor at all, but once I really slowed down and paid attention I really started to get the different flavors coming through. Also noteworthy is that Wilderness is made with both Syrian and Cyprian Latakia which gives it a really unique flavor. That tin that I pulled your sample from had about 2 years of age on it so Im sure that made a difference.

Jul 15, 2011
That "woodsy" taste that youre experiencing is a small dose of Latakia and a variety of Oriental leaf as well. The Cyprian Latakia gives it the woodsy taste and the Syrian gives it a more vinegary almost sort of red wine taste, at least that was what I detected while I was smoking it.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Haha actually I'm puffing on that one now, some Eileens Dream. It's got a moderate sweetness to it, like a hint of vanilla and chocolate when it's almost out. it's a very calm smoke. I like how light the cob is, it's not so much a chore to type and puff simultaneously. I wasn't sure when I first started pipe smoking if I would get a cob but as I went on I wanted one more and more, and now I see why some people like it so much.

Jul 15, 2011
Im telling you brother the grab bag of cobs, 10 pipes for $30, is a total steal. Those are my work horse pipes when I need to rest my briar pipes and they are always a nice smoke. Its worth it to grab one of those bags, one of the best values youll ever find in my opinion.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I've been re-reading Fred Manna's book and have made a note to try out both Wilderness and Legends during my next bout of TAD.

Jul 12, 2011
I really enjoys ethics blend, but as with all MC blends make

sure you give them plenty of air-time to really get all tha they

deliver , otherwise a steamed/muted smoke you wi get...I almost

let them to to "crunchy" but man what flavor at that point, mmm-mmm

good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.