McClelland Vanilla Black Cavendish for Dummies!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
Ok I am the dummy not you but...
I think so far this is my fav. I am a new pipe smoker and have only tried a few tobaccos so far. However each time I buy a new one to sample I cannot stop ordering another ounce or 4 of this! I bought a cherry and thought it rather bland, so I now have a Vanilla Cav Cherry blend.
To be honest I have not done much research on the different tobaccos so I know I sound ignorant saying I like cavendish when I am not really sure what a cavendish is ( I am guessing it is the darker tobaccos that lend a mild / sweeter flavour ) I dunno but yeah. lol
The opening of the bag assaults your senses with something that reminds me of shoving homemade cookies up the nose. Thankfully it calms down by the time you pack a bowl. Or you are now used to cookies up your nose so you don't care. Anywho.. the taste is surprisingly enough Vanilla! It does not seem to burn too fast nor too slow. I am still at the point of many relights though. If you haul on it too too much it does go a bit ashy in smell and taste. Let it cool a bit and pack down / poke a bit and relight. Seems to go back to pleasant taste for me.
I think I am rambling. I will stop this now. Hope I can do better review in future. Thanks all btw for your input and help to a new guy.

OH and the smell in the room is wonderful! Blessings n Stuff all J

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Another good one to try is MacBaren's Vanilla Cream Flake. It sounds right up your alley.
That said, if you want to really experience different types of tobaccos, don't be afraid to move around to some VERY different blends. There is debate on how heavy or complex of stuff a new guy should get, but I say jump into the deep end!
Go here: glpease.com, read descriptions and try different types of leaves. Here are my three all time favorite tobaccos (all his) that actually give a pretty good mix of styles:
Meridian: A balanced, poised & traditionally sophisticated mixture. Cyprus Latakia, layered with virginias and small leaf orientals, then pressed, sliced and tumbled into ribbons. More savory than sweet, with classic structure, medium body, and captivating complexity.
Key Largo: Virginias, oriental tobaccos, including a little Cypriot Latakia, and hints of earthy spice from the cigar leaf. Neither an "English Mixture," nor a Virginia, nor is it just another cigar-leaf blend, yet it offers something of each.
Haddo's Delight:This is a stout blend consisting of several grades of Virginia tobaccos with a generous measure of long-cut perique. Unflavored Green River black Cavendish and a little air-cured white burley ribbon provide fullness, body, and a bit of extra strength. Finally, an exclusive process darkens and marries the mixture, and gives the blend a subtle tin aroma of cocoa and dried fruit. The flavor is full on the palate, earthy, slightly sweet and intriguingly piquant, with overtones of figs and raisins. A wonderful and unprecedented blend for the true perique lover!
(Descriptions taken from his site, I wasn't feeling up to providing my own)

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
No Delete topic option.
Once something gets answered, it stays alive so more people can answer, or at least see the other answers, and create our wonderful discussion.
Now, if a discussion goes awry, a Mod is able to either close or delete a topic.

kcpoe

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2013
VBC is crazy good. I am in the same boat you are as far as experience goes. So, from a same level point of view and knowing we both like VBC let me recommend McCllelands Walnut Liqueur no 705. Holy man a live, a super creamy flavor that reminded me of the VBC but also brough more flavor for me. My wife loves the room note of both, but the 705 brought more flavor.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
MacBaren's Vanilla Cream is an excellent tobacco.

You can get the Loose Cut in the Bulk Section now at SP.Com.

chemistfox

Lurker
Oct 19, 2013
I ordered some McClelland VBC online a couple of days ago. I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival. I've been smoking Peter Stokkebye's Black Cavendish for awhile now. I love that stuff and I'm hoping that VBC will be just as good, if not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.