PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Received a couple of tins of the new McClelland Top Hat and Black Tie last week. Top Hat is a vaper and Black Tie is a virginia, perique and black cavendish.

After smoking both over the weekend I have to say that these two new blends are winners.. Just wish they were available in bulk.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Thinking about ordering someTop Hat....I've read it is heavy on the perique!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Top Hat is a real winner. It was actually formulated by a member of the KC Pipe club. It was released at the 2013 KC Pipe Show under a different name to be sold strictly as a money raiser for the club. The blend sold so well at the show that McClelland decided to release it commercially as part of their standard line. They formally introduced it at the recent RTDA and it sold really well.
Black Tie also followed the same path to market. Mike McNiel won't tell us what it is or if it is, but this tobacco seems to have some kind of something on it.
Mike and Mary also made available to the public "Master Penman" which was created in honor of arguably Amrica's finest penman, Mike Sull. This tobacco was first sold at the KC pipe show in 2013. They sold the dickens out of it at RTDA. Even if you loathe aromatics you need a tin of this stuff. It smells so good you will want to pour it on your pan cakes in the morning. It smells like Nutella in a tin.
No, the KC club receives nothing from the sale of these products.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I hate questions like this, but is it along the lines of PS LBF but with McCelland Virginias? Flavor not presentation.
Very much looking forward to trying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.