PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i recently picked up the Ebony and Dark without knowing anything about them. The Black Cajun is very unique and quite delightful.

Has anyone else tried these?

Jul 15, 2011
Arent these blends Virginia heavy? I love all manner of McClelland Blends, but I tried their Navy Cavendish and found it to be a rather bland smoke, the only McClelland blend I have been disappointed by.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
The Royal Cajun blends are fermented using the same processing as Perique. I started smoking them when they came out, mostly Royal Cajun Black. I read somewhere that it mixes well with McClelland 5100 too. I often use it to spice up tobaccos that seem flavorless to me.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
marmal4de i really dig them. i especially like the ebony. it is a unique little tobacco that cajun black. with the ebony it is very spicey smelling and has a great flavor but smokes very smoothly.

what i noticed right away was i could taste all the spice in the smoke floating inside my mouth, but the flavor never landed on my tongue; not even when i smoked it hard just to see.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
Funny that a thread like this should pop up as i JUST finished smoking my first bowl of this, purchased a tin of the Ebony for the heck of it the other day without knowing a single thing about it and i REALLY like it!

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
@tonypuff - i went to one of the locals to re-up my recently expired supply of Frog Morton's. They, of course were out of the Frog so I purchased the Ebony and Dark because they were sitting where the Frog should have been.

It was a well rewarded gamble and i will definitely putting a few tins of this into storage sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.