PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I'm just about finished smoking my first bowl from a 2016 tin in a Castello 67. I want to say this stuff is amazing. I also want to thank Mr. Fallon for mentioning this "fine weed" in an email conversation we had a year or two ago. He told me how many tins he had just cellared so I figured I'd do the same. Not all peer pressure has negative consequences.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I remember Mike McNeil saying that he used some of the finest Virginia’s he’s ever had for this blend. Great blend!

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I’m glad I got a couple tins for the cellar. I’m not sure when I’ll crack one open, probably whenever I smoke through my open tin of 40th.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Jon11- That confirms my first impression of this blend. One of the finest I've had.
BS- I prefer my Dark Star with a little 5100, I've got to up my game and cut it with 40th next time.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Have not tried. Have a few in the basement that I am looking forward to meeting one day.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I have 1 tin, which I think was the last tin available on SP. :)
Good stuff, one of my favorite MC blends.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I actually enjoy it more separating the red from the black and smoking it that way instead of mixed.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Seacaptain- Which did you like better, Red or Black? I'll smoke one by itself tonight.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Totally agree, this is a fantastic blend with 3 different ways to smoke it ! Very very good

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I don’t think I could cut 40th with Dark Star though, that would be sacrilege.
It's funny because McClelland is (was) one of my favorite companies and love most of their VA blends, but I hated Dark Star. Absolutely hated it.

Jun 27, 2016
The R&B didn't seem ripe yet, maybe that's what you prefer. In the can, & even in the pic on the can, some of the "black" flakes are noticeably lighter than the others, unlike Dark Star or DNF. Maybe don't let your R&B age too much! =)

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I smoked the black by itself last night. I thought is would be more like Dark Star or Dark Navy Flake but it is not. It seemed to me its a stoved red instead of stoved lemon in DS and DNF. The black flakes also rub and burn better than DS which makes me think the black is not stoved as long or hot as DS. It was a great smoke, I cant wait to try the red by itself tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.