PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I took a flyer on a tin on eBay. It's a 1991 tin of a Personal Reserve Blend which is only identifiable by the blend number (90) on the tin bottom six digit code. I don't have any tins with a blend number of 90 which eliminates St. James Woods, Dark Star, Bombay Court and (sadly) Blackwoods Flake.Based on these blend numbers, I doubt it;s Bombay Extra. This leads me to believe it's one of the no longer produced or re-introduced blends like Scottish Woods or Brazilian Woods. Do any of you fine folks have a clue which blend this is? I did send this question to McClelland via their website but I'm sometimes impatient.
Mike S.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Well I just checked my tins and can eliminate British Woods, which is 37. How do you know it's a Personal Reserve blend ?

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I forgot to mention British Woods too. It's a garden variety Personal Reserve tin (of which I have perhaps 80 tins in my cellar), it's simply missing the circular sticker that should have been affixed to the back. Also, there is no blend name on the front (it says Personal Reserve Series) below the McClelland logo which leads me to believe it's one of the LPI offerings. Hopefully somebody here or at McClelland will be able to say.
Mike S.

Status
Not open for further replies.