PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
McClelland Orientals I ordered a sampler pack of all of them

2 things 1.any one tried them and 2. can i smoke them in my English blends pipes?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Can't help with this one 85,never smoked any McClelland or Mac blends myself..

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I will give them a try in a week or so I got a lot in the last few orders. As I only have about 8 to 10 bowls a week I and have a bunch old and new stuff to cellar and tins to try.. I hope to have around 10lbs by the first of the year.. So when I order I order in Tin samplers and few individuals and 4 oz bags and at least one 1lbs bag of some thing I know I will like.. So these are going to get tried and if I enjoy them I may order the big tins

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
14 is the only one that really floats my boat, I always have an open tin. Good, steady, creamy smoke. One thing that works for me with this blend - if you end up purchasing a tin, pull the metal lid off a couple weeks before you intend to smoke it. Let it "breath" with just the plastic lid. It opens up the flavor quite a bit.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Thanks for the hint I will pop the lid on that tonight and let it open up for a while

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Do the numbers maybe equal the % of latakia in each blend?
That would be kind of awesome.
Edit: I just added all the 50g tins to the cart one by one instead of doing the sampler (which is the same thing) to see the price difference.
The sampler saves you 21 cents LOL. (On P&C.com)

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
that is funny I will keep it in mind next time I may be a few cents short of free shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.