PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Popped a tin a couple days ago and already about finished it. It's an aromatic but it's very mild. The smell and taste are amazing!! I absolutely love it!! Knowing I love it, are there other similar ones I should try? This is one of those "if I like X, I should probably try Y" questions. Thoughts?

Yeh, you don't see a lot of excitement for aromatics on here. Plus, that one is a very new one. I think it was released at last year's pipe show, ...eh, one of them. I tried it, but if you like it and want more in that lightly aromatic genre, try McClelland's Deep Hollow or Nording's Labrador. Both of which are carried by our friendly neighborhood B&M.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thank you! I thus far haven't been a huge aromatic fan, preferring Va/per blends, but this Penman is a very mild aromatic. The taste it leaves is just amazing. Thanks for the advice!!
Here, this will certainly make you want to try a bowl!! Smell this...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I tried the three apple blends McClelland came out with and was very underwhelmed. I actually have a small sample of this and will try it. I'm not in strong aros, but I hope this isn't as tame as the apple blends.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I have begun to rotate in some aros if only for variety and I also like to use them with some additions of my other stuff. A pinch of Ultimate English, some premium cigar leaf, or some Superior Slices rubbed out.

I've got some nice burley cavendish aros that are not goopy, don't burn hot, mellow taste and reasonable nicotine.

I got them at a B&M, but I really think they're Lane products relabeled.

Status
Not open for further replies.