PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Just tried this blend for the first time tonight. All I have to say is wow. It is a terrific blend of Red and Black Stoved Virginias with a mild casing. This is a very nice laid back blend that suits it self for a very relaxing smoke. When I opened the tin I was greated with a slight figgy, raisin, vinegar smell (which I like). When I lit up the bowl I was met with a subtle sweetness and hints of tangyness. The taste to me stayed very consistent through out the bowl. I did get a fait dancing of what I would describe as a vanilla in the back ground. I would have to say this a great Virginia blend for those looking to take a dive into virginia. Some may call it a cross-over, some may call it a aromatic. Whatever you call it, if you like something laid back with a good VA taste and a slight hint of vanilla give this blend a try. I would dare to say because this is from the same line as Frog Morton series that what McClelland did with English Blends their they also accomplished with a VA blend in Deep Hollow.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I may have to try some of this now, spent my TAD money on the big Escudo Scare of 2013, but think I'll buy a tin of this next time I order. I really seem to like the McClelland blends, almost all of my favourites are McClelland. I have a tin of Gray Havens that I haven't cracked yet, but sounds like they might be similar.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
My last order (strictly McClelland) had both Deep Hollow and Grey Havens, as well as a restock on the Froggies and Scottish Woods. I'm looking forward to trying both Deep Hollow and Grey Havens. I've heard they're both good mild VAs. I'm starting to believe that it's hard to find a "bad" McClelland blend.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
May have to try the Scottish Woods, I like MacB's Scottish Mixture, that style of tobacco seems to agree with me!

dirtydex

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2011
This is my favourite aromatic by a long shot. Huge flavour and none of the negative qualities associated with aros. The only aromatic that I keep stocked at all. I recommend it to all 1-Q/Molto Dolce smokers as well as McClelland fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.