PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
The first Christmas Cheer that I purchased was a 2010, and my goodness that is great stuff. I still have some of the tin jarred away. Unfortunately, I only bought 1 tin of it. It was in my mind that all Christmas Cheer was the same blend, just a limited run each year.
I was wrong. Oh no!!
I have some a couple 2015 tins, a few 2014, and even two 2012 tins that I have yet to crack open. If I crack them, and I am not satisfied, then it might be difficult to get rid of them. Are any of these years even remotely similar to the 2010 blend? Is there another blend out there that is similar to the 2010?
Thanks all.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
There are variances in the type of Virginia from year to year I haven't had a tin of Christmas Cheer I haven't enjoyed so far. The latest version I have smoked is 2000. I like my Virginias well aged. But, I have a tin or two from each year in the cellar. McClelland knows Virginias. You might like Brown label Virginia #22 as well. Readily available and darned fine with some age on it.
Mike S.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
There are variances in the type of Virginia from year to year I haven't had a tin of Christmas Cheer I haven't enjoyed so far. The latest version I have smoked is 2000. I like my Virginias well aged. But, I have a tin or two from each year in the cellar. McClelland knows Virginias. You might like Brown label Virginia #22 as well. Readily available and darned fine with some age on it.
Mike S.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Honestly - you'll like them all. Keep cracking the oldest ones you've got. My only other advice is that straight Virginia, more than any other tobacco I smoke, really seems to reward slow smoking.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
Thanks. I mainly asked because I had read that every year is a different blend. I wasn't aware that it was just the VA's that are changed. I was hoping that the Christmas Cheer blend itself was, in essence, the same. It's good to get feedback.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
griffonwing, I believe you will enjoy them all. None will taste exactly like your beloved 2010 but they will all be delicious in their own way. In the off chance you decide you want to get rid of any of them, I'd gladly take them off your hands :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.