PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Old world cake is exceptionally good, one of my favourite va's from them that doesn't get talked about really

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
What good is 17% off if 0% of the blends you want are in stock? If something is on backorder do I still get the discount?

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
From my experience on past "backordered" orders, you will get the discount and will not be charged until the order is shipped. They often ship partial orders as the receive the items.

Oct 7, 2016
You definitely get the discount. If something is backordered, there is apparently a glitch in their system that causes PayPal orders outstanding after 30 days to go into purgatory. So if you know it is backordered, use a debit or credit card at checkout. It will not be charged until the order is shipped.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So if you know it is backordered, use a debit or credit card at checkout. It will not be charged until the order is shipped.
That's the part I don't like. You don't know when the money is coming out. Tried a back order before, and got double charged.

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
Another point to take note of is that you must buy at least 4 oz to get the 17% discount. Which is pretty good if you wanna buy a pound or so. I would not want to risk getting double charged or have additional shipping costs tacked on when my order comes back into stock.

Oct 7, 2016
I have had several back orders that have been filled, never double charged, but with the issues they have had, seems entirely possible. With the exception of the PayPal glitch mentionedcabove, things seem to have been working as advertised of late.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
How does it work with backordered bulk I know they will get in eventually? Do I just pay for it at the sale rate and they will get it to me eventually?

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
From Pipes and Cigars:
Thank you for your interest in P&C! Yes, you will only pay for shipping once. As the items arrive we will ship the items for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any further questions or concerns.
Regards,
Stefanie

P&C Customer Service

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Is anyone actually getting the 17% to work? I add 4 oz @ $2.29 and it comes out to $2.89. $1.61 blends come out to $2.05.
Russ, @blendtobac?

Status
Not open for further replies.