PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
For aromatic lovers, this would be a cross-over. For english smokers, this would be an aromatic. I love Virginia tobaccos, and I enjoy a slight topping to my blends. My family also appreciates a good room note.
In my opinion, this blend succeeds in what I am looking for. The Virginia cross-overs I have tried so far tended to have more of a vanilla/maple flavor (PS LTF for example). This one however, seems to be more like citrus. That could be as a result of the different types of Virginias used. The tobacco is describes as "Based on Orange and Lemon Virginias, with a small amount of Black Cavendish, then treated with a special heat-seasoning to develop its complex, delicate flavor".
The flavor seems to get more and more complex as the bowl progresses. It can smoke hot, so you need to take it slow. But boy will you be rewarded. When smoking this blend I often have one of those completely relaxed moments where I can't believe how great it tastes, how content I am, and how I wish the bowl would last forever.
Nobody has rated this review yet. Was this review helpful to you? 

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This sounds good! I like McClelland blends in general. They seem to get it right, flavorful but not

overbearing. I feel up to my gills in blends, many not opened, but when I go for more bulk, I'll make

a note to try some No. 805. Virginia, when it's good, is mighty fine.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
If this is the blend I'm thinking of, which it sounds like, it's great stuff, it really tastes like lemon/lime. I'm basing it on a mcClellend's blend that was renamed I tried at my local B&M that was renamed NewHaven, but this sounds like the one they renamed.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Definitely sounds like the stuff I'm thinking of. I remember trying it once and being blown away. Not really aromatic but total lime flavor at the same time.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I have been looking for a Virginia that has an aroma a bit more congenial to nonsmokers. I decided to give this a try and having now smoked a couple of bowls I think it is a nice smoke. It is not complex by any standard but is certainly a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.