PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
McClelland - Bulk No. 2020 Matured Cake
This review is based on Matured Cake which was aged over a year prior to smoking. McClelland Matured Cake is a good alternative to those heavier English/Balkan type blends. Over a year ago I found a deal on 2020 Matured Cake. At ONLY $1.50 per ounce and knowing it was a McClelland blend I picked up one pound. Tell you what, I'm sure glad I did. My only mistake was not ordering more at the time. This is a wonderful blend containing Oriental/Turkish, Virginia & Latakia. The Latakia percentage present is light, mild and perfect for anyone changing over from aromatics or Virginias or anyone who just likes a milder English blend. Matured Cake is very rich and complex. The Virginia tobaccos add a touch of honey like sweetness. The Orientals add a nice exotic spiciness. The Latakia makes its presents known by adding a slight mild smokiness. If you enjoy a smooth creamy smoke give this one a try! You will probably want to rub out the broken flakes really good because it's hard to get going if you don't.
Dedicated pipe for smoking McClelland 2020 Matured Cake is a Stanwell 63M.
stan7.jpg

stan6.jpg

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I enjoy 2025 more than 2020. No Latakia, just a bit of Oriental.It doesn't exactly get raves on TR dot com but I enjoy it. Of course, I love McClelland #24 and this is as close a bulk match that there is.
Mike S.

Status
Not open for further replies.