Not open for further replies.

barepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2017
McClelland blends currently remaining in stock at Smokingpipes
Caramel Rush - 65 tins

Premium Aro - Best of Show - 169 tins

Premium Aro - Captain Cool - 34 tins
Best of Show is in a strong position to be the final act!

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I just stumbled on a small honey hole left at a cigar shop.

I'm guessed cigar shops that carry a bit of pipe tobacco are going to be the best lottery shot at the moment, and got lucky.

Mature Va from 2015, Dark Stoved, Top Hat, and Black Tie all 2104.

Still a few different blends available at Cousin's Cigar's in Akron, OH, not to mention a really nice selection all around, and the owner was great to talk to. He does not have high hopes, however, for several other pipe tobacco companies he mentioned sticking around much longer either.

VyXlSs3.jpg

barepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2017
He does not have high hopes, however, for several other pipe tobacco companies he mentioned sticking around much longer either.
Did he mention any names? We need some new rumours.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
He does not have high hopes, however, for several other pipe tobacco companies he mentioned sticking around much longer either.
You cannot just say that without giving us some names. We need another rumor to latch on to as the MC story is just about up. C'mon now, let's hear some names.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Im going to guess that all of the blenders stateside are in jeopardy, or in consideration of closing up.

thepiper69

Lurker
Feb 27, 2018
<p>McClelland Craftsbury Frog Morton On The Town, somebody know who have in stock. I want one tin before disappear in the market...

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
Pease and C&D were mentioned for sure, and a couple others. I was kind of in a daze for a second, just cause I had 12-15 McC blends to look at, even though not a one was more than two tins of 50g left.
His shop, Cousin's Cigars in Akron, was pretty high end and even though it was 80% a cigar joint, he not only knew his pipe stuff but what he chose to carry made it clear he had great taste... I did leave a bit worried.
He expressed a lot of concern from him about the FDA regs and what they are doing to the industry.

He said he expects to have half as many pipe tobaccos represented soon.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
McClelland Craftsbury Frog Morton On The Town, somebody know who have in stock. I want one tin before disappear in the market...

I just cracked this one I got today, and I have one 50g on the way... man, I wish I would have discovered this earlier.

The basma is fantastic... so smooth.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I love how rumors are so resistant to facts. C&D and Pease get mentioned in a thread about McClelland and suddenly people are sure they're going away and THERE"S NO EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER FOR ANY OF THIS and the rumors just keep rolling along. Yeah, C&D is going away, which is why they bought some of McClelland's production equipment to amp up production. 'Cause they need more production equipment to not produce anything.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
LOL, let's not get crazy here. I don't think we need to worry about anything happening with any other blenders at the moment. All this will do is scare those with big credit cards into buying up all the stock of those blends still being blended and make it harder for us to get our average favorite blends as we need them. I'd like my favorite Sam G blends to be restocked now please. :D :puffy:

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
There are rumors of GLP being next flying around for sure! Not C&D. Greg also has a huge number of blends made post 2007.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Greg also has a huge number of blends made post 2007
We still have a few years to worry and speculate about the FDA and closings. Yes, Pease has a huge amount of blends past the cutoff date. But C&D has a huge stable of blends pre 2007 to produce. The one I'm most worried about is Daughters & Ryan. Almost all of their products were modified after the Tobacco Act of 2009. Only a few remained intact as they were prior to 2007. My favorite, Three Sails is one that never changed and is the oldest in the D&R catalog.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Guess they can always produce the 'non-compliant' blends till the deadline kicks in, and then we'll have another mad rush from pipers to buy all the available stock of them before they can't be sold anymore.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
There are rumors of GLP being next flying around for sure! Not C&D. Greg also has a huge number of blends made post 2007.
This is what some guy wrote in site. Not sure if true or not...
...if it is, that would be three major companies ending production of I don't know how many blends in less than a year.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I've tried a handful of GLP blends, and didn't like any of them, including the highly regarded Gaslight, which tasted like yard leaves pressed with latakia.
McClelland and Dunhill though, that hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.