McClelland Blend No. 2015

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 week ago by milehighpiper
  • Latest reply from milehighpiper
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

milehighpiper

Login to Send PM

Good afternoon,

So I am fascinated by the amazing McClelland Blend No. 2015. However, as we all know, these blends are no longer available. I have found that different shops call this blend something different. One of my local shops calls it their University Flake, while another hid it from us as a London Flake. I was wondering if anyone knows of any shop near them that has this blend under a different name.

It is a Virginia/Perique blend that is described as follows:
    "Made of orange and red Virginia which has a dash of St. James Perique giving it a deep and satisfying flavor. It is a dark matured flake which smokes smooth and cool."

I am trying to buy a pound or two of this blend since it is my favorite so far and I know that some shop somewhere has a bag of this blend just sitting around.

Thanks for your help!

Posted 1 week ago #
  2. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

2015 was a great bulk blend that was offered under another name by Peretti and probably a number of others. When McClelland officially announced their closing the piranha overwhelmed remaining stocks. It's now closing on 9 months since the closure and a lot of searchers have been hunting down remaining stock in B&M's, so it's going to be quite a stroke of luck to find any in the wild. But you never know. The truth is out there. You might have some luck offering to buy it when you qualify for the B/S/T board. Someone who bought 200+ pounds of it for his immediate use might be willing to part with some of it.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 1 week ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jeff540

Login to Send PM

Great advice! I have less than an ounce of 2015 left myself and only open the jar to savor the aroma every now and again. Like all my remaining McClelland flakes - reserved for special relaxed occasions. Trying to find something similar but not much luck. Maybe with significant aging some of the other brands/blends of similar construction will be pleasant.

Posted 1 week ago #
  4. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

One of my local shops calls it their University Flake, while another hid it from us as a London Flake
    If anyone has any left you can bet they aren't calling by those names anymore! They are calling it McClelland Blend No. 2015 and charging dearly for it...

"The weez..."
    Posted 1 week ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

milehighpiper

Login to Send PM

Fair enough. I may go drive to some shops in the suburbs and see if I get lucky. I have had some good luck on the forums which is why I posted. I will let you guys know if I find a B&M that has a stash of this blend listed as something else.

Posted 1 week ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mechanic, buckaroo, chasingembers, donjgiles, ashdigger, cranseiron, ron123, zitotczito, blackadderlxx, hoosierpipeguy, samuelgawith01