PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackets

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2017
There were over 900 around 11:30, down to 705 now. I find it fascinating to watch the numbers plummet.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
smokingpipeliner on youtube picked this blend as his top blend of the year.

I'm tempted, but, I'm always tempted, so, I will resist.

Best of luck to the McNeil's!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My gut tells me that if the McNeils decide to call it quits, someone is going to buy them out. Why would they let their brand just go away? I would think SP or PC would be interested in owning that name.
They put a 5 a day limit on the F&T CVP, never seen that before on that blend. I guess they were afraid of me ordering 100 tins. I stopped buying this one in early 2013, way before it became hard to get.

So far, McClelland still has yet to make an official announcement of anything. In the Youtube world, many of the well respected youtubers have said they've been told "officially" that McClellands will close by summer. But, apparently, there are reports that Mike has been saying this for years. So, those in the circles say it's just the usual rantings. We'll see when Brian interviews them on the radioshow.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It happens.
Yeah, it does, and it's must be nice to be in the position to flush away millions down the toilet without concern. But do you know it for a fact that it has happened here? Is there any official announcement, or any other information other than rumor?
Which reminds me of a Mark Twain quote: "The report of my death was an exaggeration."

We'll see when Brian interviews them on the radioshow.

latest

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
How, other than by fancy, did we get from the discontinuation of two MC products to them going out of business by summer? It's said that Mike McNeil has said this, but isn't this hearsay by those frightened about the future of an addiction that they hold dear?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
How, other than by fancy, did we get from the discontinuation of two MC products to them going out of business by summer? It's said that Mike McNeil has said this, but isn't this hearsay by those frightened about the future of an addiction that they hold dear?
The pipe smoking community embraces gossip and speculation as much, and probably more, than any of your mother's mahjong girls. We're like a large bearded hen coop. Any time you hear the phrase "it's said", it's hearsay, or maybe hearsay four times removed. Or is made up because spreading a story gets the guy spreading it gets some momentary attention that he thinks he needs.
Here's what we know:
Another shipment of McClelland's 40th Anniversary blend just hit the shelves. It's a really fine blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.