like chocolate marble...brought a tear to my eye...I should

have taken a picture of it for posting before putting it into

the jar...oh well I guess another excuse to order another

1-lb box of this flake/ love and can't get enough of this

great blend ;-)

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Glad you're enjoying it. I'm curious to try this, as I like th MacB blends, but I'm not sure I can handle strong tobaccos.

Jul 12, 2011
If smoked in a small bowl (which I do for my AM smokes) it is

a great smoke. I smoke it primarily in Cobs, Clay and Meers

as it seems to smoke best in these materials IMHO

Jul 12, 2011
Agree, ODF is some "GOOD" stuff and agree Roth, it has to have some air-time. I also prep this flake cube-cut VS fold/rip/stack/stuff (Dragon method of a fold/stuff). I find flake like Dunhill and Peterson's UF, & IF work better for me with the fold/rip/stack/stuff than a cube-cut in the pipes I smoke them in..but ODF, a cube-cut

in Cob, Clay or Meer only...smokes the best for me

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I have been thinking about ordering some of this to give it a try. You guys make it hard to resist. :wink:

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
You should definitely order some of this. I opened my box and the flakes are long, a good six inches and cut a little thicker. The slab is beautiful to behold in its entirety. I jarred up a pound and put my other pound in a plastic container. I added both to my inventory, but once my open tins are gone, I will probably break into the plastic container.
Normally, my smoke is St. James Flake. 2-3 bowls a day and nothing else satisfies like St. James does. ODF is changing change that.
Mike

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
How much are they charging for a pound of the bulk? It works out to 50 a pound for the tins. I had already completed loading up my cellar with 14.27 pounds of this one before it became available in bulk. I am wondering how much I could have saved. If it is not a lot, I would honestly rather have the tins. They are easier to store and I didn't have the expense( potentially 63.00) for storage containers.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Good point about the tins cigrmaster. I only have a couple pounds of tins in the cellar of ODF but I like being able to get into it a little at a time. I won't lie though I'd love to open that bulk package savor the moment.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
smoking, thanks. I am into my stash for less than bulk price when I add the cost of my jars to the equation.
mike, grab a pound of it just for the hell of it. It would be interesting to see if they age any differently. If you use the Ball glass jars, those are cheap so it won't factor into the cost really.

Status
Not open for further replies.