PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Three weeks ago I got whacked by the flu -- body aches, fever, racking cough, the works. Missed a couple of days of work (unheard of for me). Treated it with lots of tea and vitamin C and crushed it in my mind vice and had done with the flu in about five days
Ah, but the cough.
That lingered and last week my doc diagnosed "post-viral bronchitis" -- in essence, I had a cough because I had a cough. The bronchi were inflamed, which made me cough, which inflamed the bronchi, which made me cough, ad infinitum. So that meant an Advair inhaler and round the clock ibuprofen to bring down the inflammation.
Why is this relevant here? Because it has been THREE WEEKS since I've been able to enjoy a pipe.
[Brief pause while you guys all pity me.]
Seems like the various treatments have worked and the cough is all but gone. So, fingers crossed, this weekend will find me in my den with a pipe that's actually LIT.
So . . .What to smoke first? Hmmmmmm.

Jul 15, 2011
Had something like that a couple of months ago. Head was all clogged up and couldnt taste any tobacco for a week. Kind of sucked but I was so tired and beat that Im not sure I could have paid attention to a pipe anyway. Glad youre feeling better. As for what to smoke first? Its cold outside. I like Latakia when its cold, the bigger dose the better. Im sure youll figure it out.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Glad you're feeling better. I am on the tail end of the flu myself. I hope my cough doesn't last so long! Though the person I caught it from was coughing for at least a week after returning to work - which doesn't bode well for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.