PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
For the last few days I have been on vacation with my family. After three days of having no place to smoke (I wish we would have been able to find a pipe friendly hotel) I decided to sit out in the parking lot and enjoy my pipe. Well about a half hour into my smoking session I noticed a man come out and begin to load up his family. Well, since I believe in being a good pipe citizen, I chose to move so as not to offend this wonderful family; however, the father came over to tell me that I did not need to move and said that I reminded him of his grandfather who loved to smoke a pipe (I am hoping that he was referring to the aroma coming from my pipe and not the way I look as I am do not feel old enough to be anyone's grandfather 8O)
So, why do I say maybe a new pipe lover? I say this because after getting the family loaded up the man pulled his van next to where I was finishing up my smoke and asked what I was smoking, I replied, "Captain Black." He then said to his wife, "Hey do you think I could start smoking a pipe." To this she replied, "Sure if it smells like that." Needless to say I was a very happy pipe smoker.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
All I smoked for 20 years. I never knew there was a whole undiscovered world out there. Great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.