PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Years ago I restricted my pipe collecting to bent Rhodies and Dogs in an effort to better control PAD attacks. For the most part it worked except for a few bent authors and apples I just couldn’t resist. But last month the “Pipe Gods” conspired against me, tempting me with three bent Bulldogs, each with its own special allure. I was powerless to resist the onslaught. One after another I fell victim to temptation without the slightest hesitation. Admittedly, an inexcusable lack of self-control but considering what now sits in my display case, I can’t bring myself to feel the slightest sense of guilt. Of course I would benefit from a little reinforcement, so help out a Briar Brother in need. What do you think? Given the obvious and unrestrained self-indulgence, were the additions redemption enough or should I be considering thirty days of fasting in the wilderness? As you make your recommend please keep in mind that fasting concerns food intake. Anticipation of thirty days in the wilderness would likely provoke a TAD episode of enormous proportions. Then I’d have two things to atone for.

Left to right;

Saddle Bit Ser Jacopo R8 Rusticated. - A little rim scorching but cleaned up well

Heavily sculptured Ascorti New Dear – arrived as seen

Tim West Smooth Saddle Bit. - Always wanted one of Tim’s pipes, just needed to find the right one.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Very nice pieces! Been looking for a large bent bulldog with a deep bowl. Any suggestions?

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
All three of these have fairly deep bowls and all have a conical shape. Personally I think conical bowls smoke better. But that's just my opinion. I recommend looking at Italian Artisan pipes they seem to favor deep bowls. If you shop they can be found at a reasonable price. All three of the above were less than $120 each. They all smoke well but the SJ smokes superbly.

Status
Not open for further replies.