PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
A prog rock icon has passed. While "Lucky Man" is not the song that exemplified the prog rock credentials of ELP, it was the song that introduced me to the band and has remained a favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89g1P_J40JA

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
He had white horses,

And ladies by the score

All dressed in satin,

And waiting by the door
**Chorus**

Ooh, what a lucky man he was,

Ooh, what a lucky man he was.
What a talent he was!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wow...another one gone. It appears to have been a suicide. Very sorry to hear he went in that manner. RIP Keith.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Keith Emerson was my personal gateway to rock and roll - I was kind of sheltered growing up, and didn't learn about Little Richard or Jerry Lee Lewis until much later. First heard Emerson, Lake, and Palmer as the intro to a Laserium "LaserRock" show, and nothing was quite the same afterwards. "Barrelhouse Shakedown", "Tiger in a Spotlight", "Benny the Bouncer", and the entire "Brain Salad Surgery" album kept me going through high school. RIP.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
ELP is one of my favorite bands. I've listened to a lot of their music over the years, but my all time favorite was Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. A great electronic version of a interesting piece of classical music. I've got the original solo piano piece as it was originally written, a couple of orchestrated versions, and ELP's version. All are fun to listen to. Sorry to hear of Keith's passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.