PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyfoxactual

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2015
Minnesota
Went to my favorite B&M this weekend after a hearty vacation and took a sniff around their jars. Of all I purchased, the mature cake I picked up was a wonder of a smoke. First time I've tasted so many flavors from one tobacco. I'm not 100 percent whether it was 2000 or 2020, but a new found favorite indeed. Planning on purchasing some cellaring baccy soon.
A few questions upon this great find.
What is your favorite mature cake?
Perhaps one with Latakia? I think just a pinch would have been wonderful.
What's your most successful way of packing it? I've seen the videos and it seems to not stay lit as well. I don't mind, but I'm giving the Zippo a work out.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
With a cake, I just break off a piece and crumble it. If you're having to repeatedly relight, give the rubbed out cake more time to dry before loading. Properly dried tobacco will generally stay lit longer and will offer up much more flavor than wet tobacco.

greyfoxactual

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2015
Minnesota
@thomnas -

This one was noticable in vanilla, orange, and there was a classic nutty finish - almost toasted almond. I think it needed just a touch of spice or some other flavor to really push it over the edge into greatness. I'm a newbie, so I'm not 100 percent on what that would be.
@sablebrush52 -

Thanks. I guess no matter how many times I've read it, it has yet to sink in. It's a crumble cake; I assume. It's not in block or cake form. The heavy ribbons are def. like brownie remnants. I'll pull out a healthy pinch and let it dry out before the next go round.

Status
Not open for further replies.