PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
Has anyone heard of Italian pipe maker Mastro Grandolfo? Here is his website. He has some very nice looking pipes, most under $200. I couldn't find anything about him searching the forums.
Does anyone own one of his pipes? If so please let me know what you think of it.
Thanks!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Some nice pieces there and, for the money, I'd say it's worth a shot. It looks like his output is 5-6 pi[pes a week so I'm not surprised that he's flying a bit under the radar. Good luck.
http://pipedia.org/wiki/Mastro_Grandolfo

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
These are some very pretty pipes. There is a really nice bulldog made of olivewood. They have strawberry root pipes also. Does anyone have experience with these other materials of construction?

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
There are a set of videos out on his website that shows the construction of one of his complex pipe stems. Looks like he puts a bunch of work into his pipes.
I really like the contrast of the colors he uses. Hopefully someone can provide some feedback on this pipemaker. If not it would probably be worth taking the risk on a purchase.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
I had not until now but they are certainly unique looking pipes.

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
I have to learn to quit bringing things up on this forum...all it does is cost me more money! :x
I don't want so see any of you all bidding on his olive-wood pipe with the red inlays on eBay!!!
Leave that for me. :puffy:

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
Is that your bid? Good luck. You'll have to post a review after you've smoked it. I probably would have kept my mouth shut until I had it.

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
newbroom - I understand...I bet I blow an hour or more each day looking through auctions on eBay. Then I find a pipe I like and order it thinking that it will be my last purchase for a long time. A few days later I'm back on eBay feeding the addition.
Some day I'll break this vicious cycle! Maybe...

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
stanlaurel - That is my bid. I'm not sure why I placed it. After I ordered a moretti poker last week I felt like that would be my last purchase for a while. For some strange reason I felt compelled to bid on the grandolfo olive wood this morning. No sooner had I placed the bid than Fedex showed up and delivered Marco's latest creation for me:
VAjcZAf.jpg

For the sake of my marriage someone really should bid on this pipe. :)
We've survived 23 years of marriage so far. The last 4 months since I've taken up this new hobby have been some of the most stressful! :|

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's safe from me. About a week away from hitting up Bruce Weaver for my annual surprise commission pipe.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
Very nice. I actually have purchased two pipes which have not yet arrived. One from Britain and one from Turkey. I have sworn not to buy anything for a while. Wish me luck.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Married 15, piping for 23. Guess which gets the most attention? :rofl: Went to Grandolfo's site. Very nice purple stemmed dublin there....crap. :?

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
These are very nice looking pipes I will definitely keep this in mind I'm looking to buy a pipe

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
I tried out my new poker tonight with Boswell's mild English blend:
lMdvEGS.jpg

This is my first English blend. It is exceptionality good!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I"m more conservative in my pipe tastes; but the real problem with his work is that I don't know it nor trust it, so the odd touches push me away. Nonetheless the prices are very good. Overall, I'd rather spend another $100 for an Ashton or Ferndown would be a more comfortable buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.