PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
looking at a Mastro De Paja used rhodesian type very nice grain basic model it seems at respected retailer for 125 - are these pipes good flavor wise & quality ?
tried to post picture cant find attachment method & wont copy paste. oh well

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have the impression they are quality smokers and well made, but I don't own one. I believe some are 9mm filters,

so make sure you get what you want on that score. They do make many unfiltered pipes. Some of their pipes

seem a little heavy for my taste, so again, be sure you know what you are looking at.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
A fine brand and excellent quality. Not sure if the price is in the zone for a used pipe but condition dictates price. The founder left them for Ser Jacapo so you'd expect near that level quality.

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
I had one for several years, it was a handsome pipe and a good smoker I only traded it because it didn't fit anymore. It was a 1sun 2D IIRC, a good quality pipe in my book

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
A $125 for a smoked one is probably a fair price if the condition is fine. They make pipes in a variety of price structures.
I was able to win an unsmoked one on ebay for $82 (photo below). A first rate smoker.
mastro-paja2-600x364.jpg

Mastro de Paja
Many thanks to antbauers for posting my findings from a year ago.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I lump Mastro de Paja in the same category as Castello, Ser Jacopo and Caminetto. Their higher grades are always nice pipes. It's been a long time since I have purchased any new pipes in any of those brands, so I don't know if the quality still remains the same, but from those that I have amongst my collection, they are excellent.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
just bought it off the estates of peretti retailer so i expect it is in good shape -didnt think to copy the photo but they took it off the site before i could copy the photo - it is a 1 sun but no alphabetic digits - oh well - but a very nice grain with birds eye top lighter briar than the rest of the pipe - dublin shape with some sort of description of a rhodesian shaping also.

smooth finish with nice grain that i liked.
thanks for responses

Status
Not open for further replies.