Mastercraft Fisherman Stummel - What Does the Stem Look Like??

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 11, 2013
I picked this MasterCraft Fisherman Stemmel out of a box of junk at an antique shop. THe right side is marked Algerian Briar Made In France.
It is unsmoked but unfortunately did not come with a stem.
Can anyone provide a link to an image of what this looks like? I assume it is curved.
I'd like to see what it would take to have one made and so who would be a good choice?

Thanks
Kgill

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
My guess is a peterson system style replacement stem. Here is a ebay entry for a fisherman.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisherman-pipe-algerian-briar-France-Estate-/171173520928?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dabca620#ht_600wt_882

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
If you want a new stem made, just send it of to any of the pipe repair vendors listed in numerous other threads. It is not necessary to have a pic of one unless you are trying to produce an exact replica. I would say at this point it is more a matter of functionnality and form then authenticity and collectibiltiy. If this is the case, I would send it off and pick an cool color and let the master repairmen do their work.
Sorry for not listing anyone specific. I am traveling at the moment and do not have the links handy but if you search many of the previous threads regarding stem maintanence / repair I am sure you will find one listing many of the reliable repair guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.