PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
coffee-cup-600x449.jpg

Purchased today at a flea market for 2 bucks. That's right; I see you marveling...

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Eyes are glazed over with marvel....That is most excellent. Can coffe be drawn through the stem sorta like a straw?

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I don't really like being told what to do! :wink:
I will however admit, that is one heck of a cup.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Hell, I think Brad has several pipes much larger than that!
Nice cup by the way...

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
@anthony - Haha.. well you don't have to be a DC about it.. (see what I did there?) :puffy:
The stem is solid, no hole. However, oddly, it seems there is a passage up the shank a bit. I may see about filling it in somehow. I don't like the idea of coffee or tea or such drying and leaving a sour/stale film up there hidden and ruining the next drink. Possibly fill it with a quick drying, non toxic clay or such. I'll have to investigate the options.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
The stem is solid, no hole. However, oddly, it seems there is a passage up the shank a bit. I may see about filling it in somehow. I don't like the idea of coffee or tea or such drying and leaving a sour/stale film up there hidden and ruining the next drink. Possibly fill it with a quick drying, non toxic clay or such. I'll have to investigate the options.
Try some pipe mud.
Or not...

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
It's actually a planter. They used to make these years ago, also I have seen some that were used as ashtrays too! I have that I use to hold my pipe cleaners in.

Status
Not open for further replies.