PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Martin Landau whose role as Bela Lugosi in Tim Burton’s 1994 film Ed Wood earned the popular player an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, died Saturday at 89 following “unexpected complications” after a brief stay at the UCLA Medical Center, his publicist Dick Guttman confirmed Sunday.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Mission: Impossible was a T.V. series...? 8O I'll show myself out...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
One of the all-time greats. RIP Martin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZbLFXqhbQM

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
He was one of my favorite actors over the years, especially in Mission Impossible. He also played in the movie The Majestic opposite of Jim Carey. That was a great movie. I also watched those Space: 1999 episodes that he played in with his wife Barbara Bain. RIP Martin

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I remember him most for his role as an accomplice villain in Hitchcock's classic "North By Northwest." Especially when he was young, he had an unusual spidery appearance that lent itself well to playing a spooky character. He really upstaged the lead villain whose face and presence, frankly, I can't remember at all. Some people just take over a movie screen and shut down the other actors. John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe, Robin Williams, Paul Newman. When you have it, you can't turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.