PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
Anybody who can share their experience with Mars cigars and pipes online store?
I noticed they have at reasonable prices all the SG/GH tobacco I am looking for some of them are on backorder from the main online stores. My question is if they are reputable and what they list is what they really have on stock, as I would not like to enter an order and then being put on backorder.
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
He is a very good guy to buy from. If you browse his pipe tobacco, you can see it tells you when something is out of stock. But I suggest if you want to know the truth, that you try calling him. Now that I think about it, doesn't the website tell you the best way to contact them is by email?

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Have ordered from them several times - no problems ever, I highly recommend them.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I had a very poor experience with them. I bought 8 oz of GH&Co Rich Dark Honeydew and 8 oz of Curly Deluxe Cut. They shipped it out to me bone dry. I'm a guy that likes my tobacco dry but this was ridiculous, it was pretty much dust. I brought it to their attention and rather than remedying the problem they told me to ask how moist the tobacco is before I order it. It goes without saying that they lost my business.
In my opinion, it should be understood that they keep their tobacco in good condition, I shouldn't have to ask if the tobacco I'm going to order is going to be smoke-able or not. That was my first and last order.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I used Mars for years, then they stopped accepting a particular credit card (Discover?) because of some political anti-tobacco thing---not sure if Discover said no to tobacco purchases or Mr. Mars was boycotting them---and that was that. I had to use other sources.
The situation might have changed since then, though.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
If I remember right, the Discover card issue was with Discover card and them being anti tobacco. I can echo all the positive experiences with Mars. Always prompt service and never a mistake. (Never had an issue with dry tobacco, but when I buy G&H I just buy the whole 17 oz package, still sealed.) Their prices at times, on some items might be a little higher, but only by a few percent. Sometimes they have what I am looking for when others are out. I have five places I order from, and they are in my top three.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I have purchased from them many times and excellent service. I used email to contact Mike and he is pretty prompt in responses.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
They shipped me 500g of 1792 that was very dry. Their reply as to why was that's the way they got it, which is beside the point as if the tobacco is below acceptable standards, it shouldn't be sold. They accepted a return, but had they not, as in the case above, I'd have turned it over to Visa Fraud at my bank.
Why piss of a customer and lose business?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've ordered from them several times over the past couple years, and have never had a single issue. Packages are packed well, and are shipped in a timely manner. Prices are pretty good on a variety of their tobaccos too.

fatbob

Lurker
Jun 30, 2016
Never had a problem and sometimes they have some hard to find stuff so wouldn't want to lose that resource.

64alex

May 10, 2016
So I tried to order 2 SG and 2 GH tins unavailable in all other main sites. Orders placed Monday, shipped same day and received today at noon, 36 hours later. Very well packed. Only slightly more expensive per tin, but very low flat shipping and handling charge + fast shipping + available hard to find tins, make this online seller a winner. It is now on top of my online sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.