PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
I'll try to start this delicate conversation as subtly as possible; which leads to the question: Then, why would you even share this observation in the first place? Well, occasionally it's fun to break the monotony of pipe shape dedication, proper blend pairings, and butane vs. wood.
No matter how well I brush, floss, or mouthwash... the sweet, earthy musk of tobacco remains. What seems only a faint aroma on my breath becomes blatantly obvious when I share attention with my better half. It's not uncommon for intimacy to leave the perfume of burley clinging to her skin.
Part of me feels guilty that I still reek of tobacco, and thus, pay it forward... but then that teenager hidden (deep down) thinks it's better than leaving her smelling of cheap cologne. It's like leaving your signature... with an exclamation point!
Has anyone else noticed subjecting their significant other to a 'marking;' and, if so, do they approve? Have you found a technique, just short of a good shower and passage of time, to minimize the effects? Or would anyone want to downplay the results?

May 4, 2015
I usually smell like cigarettes, so my wife finds the pipe smoke a welcome reprieve, if that's what's on me before the "intimate times." I think.
Edit: With the exception of Billy Budd, the only blend to be banished from my house and my person.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Edit: With the exception of Billy Budd, the only blend to be banished from my house and my person.

:lol:
So far, the family (and most importantly, the wife) actually enjoy most tobacco room-notes... minus deer tongue. Eh, I guess there's always one that's a bit too much.

May 4, 2015
Hey.. 99/100 or whatever I'm batting is a good average.
Cigarettes burn at a temperature that's much too hot to give off a pleasant room odor. It's just harsh and burnt smelling. Basically every pipe tobacco that's just at a smolder seems to please my better half, with the exception of Billy Budd - I suspect it's the cigar leaf?

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Billy Budd is pretty potent stuff. I point my finger at the cigar leaf, but I smoke other cigar leaf blends that are a bit more mellow (in taste and room-note). It must be the ratios. Luckily, I smoke cigars as well, so I've conditioned the family!
But, man, a big ol' bowl of Billy Budd in a Missouri Meerschaum freehand will wake ya up!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
When I have strong moustache/beard note from Lat bombs, that's when the wife draws the line. She doesn't mind the smell of Lat smoke, she just doesn't like it on me.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
If my wife ever loses her penchant for black coffee and tuna salad with raw onion, then she can complain about tobacco on my breath :D

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I've embedded my woman with a slightly radioactive chip which emits ultra low frequency waves at any men within a ten foot radius causing nausea, some internal bleeding, and the impulse to flee. But seriously. My woman smokes cigs and mostly there is no problem. But, she does hate Latakia and Dark Fired. I always shave, shower, and brush my teeth before happy time. A lush beard stores smells, scraps of food, nesting birds, road flares, the Loch Ness monster, and many other things. Shave it, maybe. You will look ten years younger...or not. The only thing I hate more than shaving is having a beard.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
my wife loves when its faint on my beard, women are strange creatures, she loves it when i work all day outside and have hard work smell, i think i stink, but she loves it.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
i have in some way, marked my property, if you can smell the English tobacco, then you are getting close to my house, I also leave cigar buds around to mark my territory, and i often sit my pipe in my table or work space to let people know that its my spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.