PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Just won a eBay auction for a Plymouth #47 anyone have any info or insight on Plymouth pipes?

I do know it’s english made!!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Ok, I'm going to say the pipe you bought, if I'm showing the correct one, was made by Sasieni.
PLYMOUTH #47 MADE IN ENGLAND,
plymouth47-600x450.jpg

A Sasieni "second", Mayfair 47, the Marlow shape,

mayfair-47-003-600x449.jpg

The location of the shape number, and the type font (not shown in the ebay pictures) would have me even more convinced.
:)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You can link to and embed photos from eBay in posts here. Photos are key!
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, (including this site's album) such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Thank you! That’s the one, for $2.25 plus $3.50 s/h I figured I’d take a chance! Is this a decent pipe?

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I'd say yes. For $5.75 all in, I think you will find it's going to be a good smoker. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice pipes. I bought an unsmoked Plymouth that had been offered with SP estates for more than a year, on discount. It was a good smoker and a nicely finished little billiard with saddle stem. I liked it, but sent it off to the active duty guys at Bagram Airfield through Chaplain Jim, since I have quite a few billiards. But is was a nifty pipe and a good smoker. I didn't send any losers to Chaplain Jim, since he has higher connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.