Mark Tinsky = Excellent Customer Service!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I just wanted to briefly share a recent experience I had with Mark Tinsky and let everyone know how great of not only a pipemaker he is, but how great of a person as well. I bought an unsmoked Tinsky rusticated black dress coral canadian pipe off ebay a month or so ago. After a few smokes, i realized the draw was weirdly loose, even with a tightly packed and full bowl. I figured out that it was coming from a hole in the top of the shank, right near where the stem and tenon fit into place. This most likely occurred during the blasting process and it going too deep into the briar. I looked at it with an LED light up close and there was visible charring inside the shank and after plugging the bowl with my palm, easily located the hole. I was bummed to say the least, as the pipe was never smoked upon me receiving it, and it couldn't have been a result of the minimal amount of bowls i had smoked in it. Anyways, i figured the worst that could happen is Mark would say, "hey you bought it off ebay and not from me..caveat emptor", but alas, this was not the case. I was very honest and up front regarding the situation when i emailed him and explained in detail what happened along with a slew of pictures i had taken. He responded immediately and said to send him the pipe and he would repair it if possible or replace it if it was beyond that. I was relieved, shocked, amazed and dumbfounded that someone would go out of their way to stand by their product and offer to fix or even replace it, even though it was bought from a random 3rd party stranger on an auction site!
I sent him the pipe and less than two weeks later, had it back in my hands repaired and ready to go. After smoking a couple bowls in it, it was as good as new and boy does it smoke fantastically! I absolutely love the pipe (before and after) and am glad he did not replace it. I thanked him numerous times throughout the process of him fixing it as well as when i received it and his last response was, "You are very welcome and always will take good care of my pipe smokers!! -MT".
To say that i will be a Tinsky fan and customer for life is an understatement, as it is a true testament to a great pipemaker with superior customer service and a genuine care for his customers. I think that overall, this is the case with the pipemaking/pipesmoking community and i could not be prouder to be a part of it. There are so many good and honest people here, it is unbelieveable. I look forward to buying my next Tinsky in the future (maybe tax returns? lol) and to doing business with one of the better pipemakers/people in the community.
Anyways, i just wanted to put this out there to thank Mark and let everyone who doesn't already know, what a pleasure it is dealing with him and the quality of the pipes he crafts. You're the man, Mark, keep up the good work!!!

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Mark is a outstanding man and pipe maker, I have about 8 of his pipes and plan to buy more. :puffy:

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
Tinsky pipes are my favorite. He always ships them out the next shipping day, along with a quick email. I have my fourth pipe, in about a year, from him in the mail currently. Best pipes I have smoked. I hate to recommend his pipes, because I want to buy them all, but I definitely do recommend his pipes.

surlysoul

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2013
Thanks for sharing that story. It's nice to hear about people doing more than expected.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience with Mark. I have been looking at his pipes for some time and based on your entry about your experience I am going to pull the plug and purchase one of his pipes.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
salewis wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience with Mark. I have been looking at his pipes for some time and based on your entry about your experience I am going to pull the plug and purchase one of his pipes.
You are very welcome my friend, but there is no need to thank me, i was just the messenger and thought it needed to be shared. Too many good deeds go unnoticed in today's society, so matter how big or small. Also, with all the scam artists and dishonest people out there willing to do anything to rip people off to make a dollar, i certainly thought it appropriate to bring to light a valued member of this community and highlight the goodness within it.
I digress though, that is awesome and I am positive there are MANY MANY others who would give the same recommendation towards Mark's pipes. Let us know how it goes and which pipe you end up choosing to buy or commissioning Mark to make!
Take care and happy smokes, my friend!

-Corey
P.S. this tax return check is already burning a hole in my pocket and it hasn't even hit my bank account yet, i think i might join you in a new Tinsky pipe, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.