PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Meet" Mark Ryan and learn about some of his tobacco philosophy in this noisy interview from 2016.
I've been enjoying several of the D&R blends in my rotation lately.
This interview discusses his transition from RYO into pipe tobacco, why his moisture level is where it is and a few other trivia.
I imagine it's been posted elsewhere, but thought it informative enough to repost.
LINK
jay-roger.jpg

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
I wonder how many people bought his blends and then ended up smoking them as cigarettes.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I particularly liked Ryan's recommendation to only rehydrate what you intend to use in the short term, keeping the remainder of the bulk dry. He implied that the tobacco seems to lose a little something if you rehydrate the whole bulk package all at once. Little wonder then, that my rehydrated bulk package of Two Timer Gold paled in comparison to the tin that introduced me to this blend.

Jun 27, 2016
I like to re-hydrate a small amount and let it dry back down to nearly where it was, and then use it. Less concern about mold as well. If it hits, it's only a small amount. I can't speak for the blends, but the Blenders Bench stuff that I have been messing around with is not really cig tobacco. I guess that the Izmir or the Bright VA Leaf or a couple of others could be used in something easily enough, but that would be a waste. The stuff tastes the best in a pipe. I tried to inhale the Red VA to see if it was like a cig and nearly passed out because I could not breathe, which was completely un-expected, which made it even worse, ha!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I have been smoking D&R bagged bulks now for more than a year, almost exclusively, and I just leave the bags in coolers and fill tubs as needed. I use recycled lunch meat tubs. They hold about 2 weighed oz. approx.

I have several of their blends and still need to get more to make me 'happy'.

The absolutely best values for Vaper tobacco are his Rimboche and Picayune lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.