PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Ive been looking at these on ebay.They are all around the $100.00 range.Just curious if anyone has one,and what they think of it.Looks like good craftsmanship..

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I can't speak out of first hand knowledge... But, Mario Grandi pipes have a good reputation among our members.
It seems that you can purchase a new one for around a $100.

ivan08

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2010
i have that same question! i want to buy one Mario G to try it/ some people says that is almost the same quality of a Boswell pipe. I have 2 Boswells and they are great pipes so i think the Mario Brands must be good

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
I like it bakersville!I might have to trade you out of it,lol.I also got a great idea for picture taking...the leather loop youhave holding your pipe...thanks

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
According to Pipedia,they're a sub-brand of the makers of Mastro Beraldi. I've never smoked a Mario Grandi, but I own a Mastro Beraldi and it's an outstanding pipe. I did have to get the airway opened up (I could barely get a pipe cleaner through it) but once I did it has never given me a bad smoke.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I haven't checked lately, but I seem to recall that the inside diameter of MG's

tobacco chambers are a bit large -- like ~ 1". It will take some skill and

experience to keep the entire surface of the ember going. But that's not a

criticism, just an observation. After all, how do we learn if not by just going

for it?

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I've owned 3 Mario Grandi pictured below and IMO they're very nice pipes but I still prefer Boswell pipes over them.
P1010047.jpg

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
I have a large freehand. MG pipes are works of art at reasonable prices. Choose one that is outstanding to look at and it will smoke well for you.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
JC: Enjoying one of your blends (small plastic pouch)that you could not name now as I'm keyboarding in an oom paul. Great smoke in a great Laaaarrrrge bowl. Thanks brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.