PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Mods, I wasn't sure where to place this post so I hope General Discussion is okay.
Folks:
I need some help.
One of my twin sons is a USMC Artillery 2nd john with 2/10 stationed at Camp Lejeune. His XO, my son's mentor, recently took up the pipe and is limping along with a couple of cobs and a few briars. I've communicated with my son's XO and will post a few spare briars, humidor/six pipe rack and a sample of every tobacco I've got tucked away this weekend.
The XO has been enjoying the crossover English smokes (Frogs, etc.) but I've encouraged him to open his mind and palette. (Still, I'll be sending him a few bowls of some of the heftier English smokes I enjoy.) If you'd like to broaden his horizons please PM me for his address. I'll gladly fade your CONUS shipping costs.
Thanks!
Jim/Fnord

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Right right. Battery. It was 2 am when I wrote that. 1LT or is he at BN and have a MAJ as an XO? Which was my original question, though it is always fun to talk organization. Maybe we can delve into MTOE next?

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
"Company XO? 1st Lieutenant-ish?"
Good call, Mike. Now put the books down and get some sleep, kiddo.
I was in Kansas City today swapping Boy Scout patches - we call them Trade-orees - in a room full of guys who looked just like me: gray haired and balding and these clambakes are every bit as much fun as a pipe show. (I saw items today that sell on the Bay or at auction for thousands of dollars. Wow. Sort of like holding an S. Bang for the first time - one's net worth doesn't compute.)
During the drive home I called my jarhead kiddo and told him that I threw out a post late last night for his XO.
"Ben, when I login tonight there's going to be a half dozen responses."
To quote the great Keith Jackson, "Whoa, Nelly...." You guys knocked it out of the park. The mailbox is stuffed.
My son's service humbles me as does your support. So, cheers to you all for giving this young warfighter a taste of something you enjoy.
Fnord/Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.