Margate and other Estorica Blends Available at PipesandCigars.com

(25 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by brass
  • Latest reply from carytobacco
  1. brass

brass

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No Penzance or Stonehaven but they still have Margate, which I recently tried, thanks to Uncle Blackie. They also have Peacehaven in stock as well as other Estorica blends.

Pax

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

And I'm sure they're sold out by now lol.

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. brass

brass

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Actually, I just pulled the trigger on a pound of Margate ten minutes ago. Worth trying if you're interested.

I don't know how scarce Margate is. SmokingPipes told me they dont' get Margate often and when they do, it is a small allotment. The rep said I should jump on it.

Pax

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@ Pax, You should shop around the other sites more because P&C has the 8oz bags for $50 and CupOJoes has same stuff for $39.

Stan
    Godfrey Daniels!!
    The Plenipotent Key to Cope's Correct Card of the Peerless Pilgrimage to Saint Nicotine of the Holy Herb:
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. brass

brass

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yep. I could've saved 10 bucks. Cup of Joes limits you to one bag.

I was under the impression that Margate was HTF, so I pulled the trigger too quickly.

I was surprised that COJ was lower. When I shop P&C is usually within pennies of the lowest for an order. COJ has always been one of the highest, if not the highest. I hardly ever check them when shopping bulk orders. Guess that will change.

Pax

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just found something that evens things out. COJ charges $12 for orders over $100. I cancelled a 3 bag order when I discovered this in check out.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. brass

brass

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing. That would PMO.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

But when you compare the total $ for a 3 bag order between P&C or COJ, 50+50=50 or 39+39+39+12 you'd save $11 at COJ. THEN if you think about some more, Esoterica is too freaking expensive anyway.

PMO???

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. beefeater33

beefeater33

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

PMO???
    "Piss Me Off"

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream..."
    Willy Wonka
    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. vfefrenzy

vfefrenzy

Login to Send PM

PMO???

Pinch My Orangutan
    Purple Monkey Ottawa
    Placate Many Otters
    Pierce Multiple Onions
    Punch Marry Oblivion
    Persuade Mighty Orange

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. pipefish

pipefish

Login to Send PM

And So To Bed is actually discounted to $14.99 a tin and $39.99 for the 8 oz bag

I'd like to try Tilbury, but I don't need 8 oz of the stuff (which P&C still has in stock in case anyone is interested)

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. carytobacco

carytobacco

Banned

Login to Send PM

Actually, I just pulled the trigger on a pound of Margate ten minutes ago. Worth trying if you're interested.

I don't know how scarce Margate is. SmokingPipes told me they dont' get Margate often and when they do, it is a small allotment. The rep said I should jump on it.

Pax

They were right. Margate has become more and more sparse in the last year. Not sure if it's because it's becoming more popular, or if penzance/stonehaven supplies have been low and Margate is the next favorite.

PipeAndLeaf.com
    Posted 4 years ago #
  13. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

COJ did a nice thing just now. I had left them a note on their site telling why I cancelled my order, and they (I forgot the fella's name already) called me and offered the same 3 bag order with free shipping. I went for it because they did a good job for me personally, and TSWGTG.

Posted 4 years ago #
  14. carytobacco

carytobacco

Banned

Login to Send PM

What is the $12 charge for? Shipping? Or a surcharge of some kind?

Posted 4 years ago #
  15. dmcmtk

dmcmtk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

$50 a bag!!! That's insane! I would NEVER pay that when I can buy it for about half that price elsewhere...

Dave
    Duke Street Irregular
    Posted 4 years ago #
  16. brass

brass

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Where is eleswhere, Dave?

Posted 4 years ago #
  17. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"Where is elsewhere, Dave?"

Dave and Cary please read the whole thread.

Cary, yes it's shipping.

Posted 4 years ago #
  18. ericusrex

ericusrex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Payless pipes also has a number of ET 8oz bags...no Penzance or Stonehaven though but they do have Margate in. Cheapest I currently see at $36/bag and no limits.

Posted 4 years ago #
  19. mrjerke

JJ Pipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pipefish- Tilbury is a great Va. I recommend it if you get the chance.

There are still a few places with Esoterica under $30 a bag. But not many anymore.

Jordan

"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley
    Posted 4 years ago #
  20. hiplainsdrifter

hiplainsdrifter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pipefish- Tilbury is a great Va.

x2. You won't be disappointed.

Posted 4 years ago #
  21. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@Dave...I went to Windy City Cigars last night, and the only Esoterica they showed was Margate for $26.89/8oz bag. They have free shipping over $199, so I order 8 bags because they didn't show if it was in stock or not. The order went through and still it doesn't say if it's in stock. So I call them this morning to see what's what and was told they were out of stock. Bummer

Posted 4 years ago #
  22. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I tried several times to order Esoterica products and Balkan Sobranie from Windy City. My order was accepted every single time, but I never actually received an order. When I'd call to check on it, the lady I talked to every time knew nothing and always had to check with someone else. When I asked if my order went through even though they are now sold out, she'd put me on hold, and then come back and tell me that it didn't. She'd always end up telling me they were sold out. I'd ask why was I told my order went through, and why wasn't I told that what I ordered was out of stock. I never got a single useful answer besides, "I don't know." This has happened to several other people, as some forum members well know. I would never even attempt to order from them again. Based on my past experiences, I can't believe them when they say they have something in stock, and I have no reason to believe that if they did, that I would ever get any. They have the poorest customer service I've ever experienced on the internet.

Posted 4 years ago #
  23. dmcmtk

dmcmtk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I call them this morning to see what's what and was told they were out of stock. Bummer

Sorry to hear that, oh well, it was worth a try... I have heard others say what JimInks said, I guess I've just been lucky with Windy City...

Posted 4 years ago #
  24. hiplainsdrifter

hiplainsdrifter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have had the same experiences with Windy City- their customer service is terrible, as is their packing. I probably would only consider them if it was to score something super rare like Kingfisher.

Posted 4 years ago #
  25. carytobacco

carytobacco

Banned

Login to Send PM

Some sites (mostly cigar sites), will show rare or highly sought after items to bring in traffic. But usually they will at least tell you on the page if it is out of stock. Search for opusX cigars and you will come up with lots of lesser known sites that don't really have it in stock and likely never did.

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jfred, pipestud, chilllucky, sholto, ben88, jiminks, elbert, milehighpiper, tuold, jaytex969, philobeddoe, dcon, ashdigger, pitchfork, rodo, danimalia, gandalfspipe, crawdad, oldgeezersmoker