PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
AHH, The first real post for march. Sorry nothing special PA in a MM cob.

patriotfirst

Lurker
Feb 8, 2010
You know I just got some pipes in the mail that I ordered. I ordered a couple of corn cob, 2 meershaum, and a briar (La Rocca). The tobacco I am currently smoking is a sampler with Treasure chest (mild), My Pleasure(mild), Cherry Vanilla (bolder...Like this one a lot).
I actually just started and maybe got a little carried away with it, but oh well. I don't mind it. After being a smoker and cigar smoker,I have a feeling that I am going to be pipe smoker for a very long time. I love it!!!!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Everything's workin' today, and I've been partaking of a variety of blends:

P.A. for breakfast

C&D's Haunted Bookshop for brunch

H&H's Louisiana Red after lunch

McClelland's 5100 Va Red Cake this afternoon

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Welcome to the site patriot. Hope you enjoy it and smoking your pipes. Remember to slow down and savor the smoke. Happy puffin.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Sunday afternoon, we went to Fredericksburg, Va. again, and I stopped by the tobacco shop.

I noticed that there were a lot fewer Benton pipes on the wall than there were last month. I guess people have taken notice finally. Anyway, I picked up a nice little Select model. It's about a size 4 and with only a few sand pits showing on the bowl.
bentonpipemarch2010006.jpg

bentonpipemarch2010004.jpg

For some reason this pipe has not been as friendly as my last. It smokes hot and has started to require more pipe cleaners per bowl. Also, the taste is a little different somehow, which is odd.

To make a long story short, I am smoking Middelton's Cherry blend in this one exclusively, so far.

I hope it turns around, as I think it's another nice little pipe. Only $75.00.
bentonpipemarch2010001.jpg

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Nice pipe max. My old favorite PA let me down twice yesterday just a terrible experience both times I tried to smoke it. So bad I'm afraid to try a bowl today. I'll browse my stash for a different smoke, until then happy puffin...

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Thanks Sapo,
Yeah, I don't know about that taste thing, Maybe because it's new. Once it get's broken in, maybe things will be different. Have a good one.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
PS Luxury Bullseye Flake, carefully rubbed out, in a smooth Sav Virginia 802 - one of three pre-filled pipes for this breezy morning, as another cool front begins to swing into South Florida.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Smoking Count Pulaski while waiting on postal that is 2 days late. I had to call the postal service because our very over weight post lady will not climb 3 flights of stairs to deliver a registered letter.

pbgoldwing55

Lurker
Feb 2, 2010
hey max ,,try puttin some everclear in the bowl and soak it over night or some of your

favorite wiskey i use jose quervo and wow my pipes smoke sweet hope it works for ya

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Nice looking pipe Max!

I have found that sometimes the carbon coating in a pipe bowl can be quite foul tasting until it is completely smoked out. That can sometimes take a very long time for some reason. Did your new pipe have a carbon coating in it?
Welcome to the site Patriot!
Last night was some CAO Eileen's Dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.