PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
Today I was setting up some new HAM radio equipment and realized that I didn't have any zip ties! I hate cords, and messiness, so messy cords are just not going to happen. I do happen to have a lot of pipe cleaners; and they did a great job in tidying up the spaghetti cords.
What else have you hacked your pipe cleaners for?

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Nice one, I'll need to remember that.

Realizing I was out of toothpicks when baking my son's birthday cake last Jan., I dipped a pipe cleaner in the middle of the cake to check for done-ness. A little cake came out on it, but didn't look raw---success

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Mackeson, cake.....pipe cleaner.....I see what you did there.
Similar to substituting for cable ties (which I do all the time, for the same reasons) I will sometimes use them temporarily to affix evidence tags to the item collected.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
If you bend a fluffy one (that sounds like a euphemism for something really dirty)... it makes a pretty decent Q-tip.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
How about making a pair of sneakers:
Pipe-Cleaner-Art-05.jpg

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
I've rolled one side into a tight curl and used as a tamp when I couldn't find anything else. Cleaned propane heaters like prairiedruid, used them for leather die and wood stain for hard to reach or tight spots. I've tied cables, affixed tags, cleaning reusable straws, fire starter, and much more. When you burn off the fuzz, the very fine wires are useful as well. They are incredibly useful to have around.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
In winter I use a wood pellet stove for heat. Pipe cleaners are handy for cleaning the small ventilation holes in the burn box that are easily clogged up with fine dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.