Manufacturer Wanted! (London Club, Made in France)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vld668

Lurker
May 15, 2017
Hi guys!

I'm looking for a french manufacturer called "London Club".

I've recently purchased a briar, on the smaller side, and I've never heard of the maker, and a large amount of googling didn't turn up anything. The guy i bought it from didn't know anything about it, save that it belonged to his now dead father. It is an elegant, slim pipe, unsmoked and in a nice state. Could anyone help me find this secretive pipemaker? There is currently another one on Ebay, the seller didn't answer me yet.

Thanks for your help.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Photos, please.
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay; Amazon Pinterest; Facebook; an online Pipe retailer; you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos under "Latest Discussions" in different formats:

LINK to that thread

vld668

Lurker
May 15, 2017
Yeah sorry, posting photos.
IMG-20190520-222257.jpg

IMG-20190520-222338.jpg

armonts

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2018
France
If it's a French pipe it may not be a "brand" but rather a model, with an evocative name to make "luxurious" ...

And made by one of the many small craft companies that there was.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know about the small craft companies in the French pipe-making industry. I would equally suspect this as being from one of the name pipe makers which, I think, make a lot of house pipes and other pipes not sold under the major name, names like Chacom, BC, Genod, and so on. My first pipe, a St. Ives house pipe from Tinderbox, was likely a Chacom product, which I still own and smoke, a smooth bent pot with a vertical saddle stem, very pretty still and not expensive, bought in the late 1970's.

vld668

Lurker
May 15, 2017
Thank You guys, appreciate the help. I'll continue asking french pipe sellers on eBay, maybe some of them heard about London Club. Anyway, this is a lovely pipe, proud to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.