PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
My smoking terrace project is finally complete. It's more of a terrace, but it's my allotted smoking area and thus my sacred space. I got permission from my lovely lady to "have at it" and do what I want. After 10 years of T.J. Maxx furniture and freezing my ass off in the winter, I am finally done with the transformation. I worked with a Danish designer to make a functional smoking table and I ordered a proper couch and rug and chair set. The icing on the cake is the HEAT LAMP! This a professional grade outdoor heat lamp and I also got 4 season blinds to pull down when the wind is high or the temps are cold (I did not mention that to the Home Owners Association, HOA).
FINALLY! I can smoke like a normal pipe smoker. It may not be inside, but it is damn close. This took over 2 years to complete, but now I can smoke at will and pretend like I'm inside. The functional smoking table it fantastic, it folds down and up depending on my mood or if I need the Laptop to work or just the iPad to read.
FUxpu7s.jpg

kBStlB0.jpg

XQQsjCd.jpg

wEqmkQ6.jpg

rORPTN1.jpg

uNQRKWJ.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Thanks Jason. Next time you are in the city give me shout. We will enjoy a smoke together.
Keeping it smokey as they say (Suhr Polonius/Cutty).

3w5RmSn.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Very nice! I love that couch...nice design...simple and upscale. If I had a spot to smoke like that I would probably smoke more than my once a day.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
This terrace and me ... We've been through a lot together. Tens years of cigar and pipe smoking, new dogs, A divorce, three girlfriends and now a fiancée. Hot, cold, spring, summer, fall, winter. now grown dogs, but still, it is my personal space. It's important to me.
Many memories between me, this space, tobacco, and God (and an occasional call from Mom). Non smokers would never understand.
Prior winter, freezing my ass off while smoking a pipe.

WfLPG9Q.jpg

Bru and Lucy

iZctVbf.jpg

Random Terrace memories (Damn I've aged).

hmiqB6l.jpg

A9iDATZ.jpg

KPWWZOg.jpg

zD5xxwz.jpg

IGFDWKw.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Nice smoking spot. The photo with the fur-lined hood and fingerless gloves is great. I hope the heater makes a difference come winter.

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
Excellent! Love it! Was just inspecting my propane space heater today to move next to my smoking chair on our deck.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Those are cute pups! Congrats on your man terrace. That looks like a fantastic place to smoke and chill (literally in that one pic). Hope the heater mitigates that for ya so you have a wonderful season of winter smokes.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Man that's great. I look forward to putting a roof on my back porch someday. I'm curious about that heater. Do you have a source? I need something for my outdoor space and winter is on the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.