PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
They are discussing it here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/dcgt-judges-bars-family-from-smoking-in-their-own-house
You should do an update on that post as your article is much more in-depth. Thanks for finding that.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Not kidding, when I get back to the States I am stock piling Tobacco. Personal ban's will be in my lifetime.
j/B

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Seems simple enough to me.. fix the hole in the basement wall.
Seems to me the better answer is to fix the 'hole' in the judicial system.
Other than that I didn't know there already was an ongoing thread on this subject. Then again, there will more likely than not be others. Sorry, but when I did a search before I posted this I couldn't find anything which is what I normally do before making redundant posts.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Doc you and I think alike, I"m thinking PLUG the damn hole.
Nah... that ain't gonna work, albeit it should. These neighbors want their pound of flesh, and perhaps a few bucks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Aug 14, 2012
I had a similar problem. The next door neighbors in my NYC apt. bldg. objected to the smoke. I took the advice I got here and never admitted I smoked indoors. Fortunately they moved out.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Oh, and the stockpiling is great... until they place a limit to the amount of tobacco you have onhand without a retail license.
That one guy from Canada on here said they were passing that in his province...
Only way to win against tyranny is with a...
No watch list for me, thanks.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
There are no black drones.. simply fix the hole. Why would they not fix the hole? I've never live anywhere with a shared basement but whose hole is it? Everything doesn't need to be overblown. There must be something else going on.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Brian did address this in a Radio show a few weeks back. He said he doesn't ever see tobacco becoming completely illegal. He does see it moving much in the way alcohol has over the years. The norm in the 50s or 60s was to have a cocktail or two at lunch, another before quitting time, and heading home for another and a nightcap. These days most people just have two or three cocktails with friends on a Friday or Saturday night and that's it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's an absurd ruling, and one that will probably get overturned. As for prohibition, well, look at what a raging success that was in the 1920's. Grated, people are stupid. But there's a limit to long term stupidity, not much, but it's there.

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
............. " But there's a limit to long term stupidity"...... Ahh sable, you have a lot more faith in people then I do, at this point.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
As observed this is simply a neighbor versus neighbor tiff. Beside the smoke issue, someone isn't happy with the exterior pain. These people just do not like each other. Once the smoke issue is fixed another issue will arise. It'll never end until someone dies, loses interest or moves away.

Status
Not open for further replies.