PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
On a facebook forum I read something like "Beverly Hills Officially Becomes the 1st US City to Ban Tobacco Sales - Except Hotels, 3 Cigar Lounges". I couldn't open the article, as it said it wasn't available in my region, but if that's not some sort of fake news, those people sure have it rough.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/beverly-hills-bans-the-sale-of-all-tobacco-sort-of

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The whole city of Beverly Hills can take a flying leap. Poor Kramer's, the last shop there, closed its doors over a year ago.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Well, thank God the poor, beleaguered children of Beverly Hills are finally safe from the predations of aggressive tobacco vendors. It's been a problem there for decades now. I'm sure the usual cast of rationalizers will be showing up to enlighten us at any moment now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I spent time in California. Never bothered with Beverly Hills. Why go? I sort of liked San Diego, San Pedro, Long Beach, San Francisco, and Mendocino, among other places. Good local wine and seafood.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Embers I somehow missed that thread.
mso489 I have never been to California, although if my travels would take me there I wouldn't make it a priority to go to Beverly Hills either. On the other hand, this is a very dangerous precedent, man.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Well, thank God the poor, beleaguered children of Beverly Hills are finally safe from the predations of aggressive tobacco vendors.
Speaking of beleaguered, it amounts to child abuse to pass on to them a government that's going to micro-manage their lives.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
But didn't I read yesterday that CA was trying to legalize mushrooms? Not the grocery store kind.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
Mso489 might be interested too know that both my parents grew up in the same small Oklahoma town and moved out to California to find work in the years after the great depression. I was born in Long Beach then later we moved back to the same Oklahoma town. I think this makes me a real Okie. No, they did not have a mattress strapped to the roof of their car, but close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.