PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
I signed up for the email updates from Pipes and Cigars recently. Now I wish I hadn't, the deals sound so good! The one that came in today was for a free lb. of Crown Achievement if you bought a Lane pipe. If I didn't live in the Great White North there would be one on the way now, but alas, it ain't gonna happen. Too bad I guess :(

Dec 24, 2012
+ 1 Junkyarddawg
So before any of us Canucks reject a package because the tax men want their pound of flesh, we should think twice about the long term repercussions. Whenever I order something, I always assume I will have to pay duty, and if I don't, well that's just gravy.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
That is a good way to look at it Peck. I just wish the other e-retailers had some deals like that *hint, hint SP* :P

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
As great as a free pound of tobacco sounds, the duty to bring that into the country would be astronomical. Speaking personally, I would ask them not to send me the tobacco because I would not be willing to pay the price to bring it over the boarder. And at that quantity you are almost guaranteed to have the package inspected, in other words, not sneak through under the radar.
The only real way to be able to benifit from a sale like the one in the OP, is to live in the good old United States of America.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I feel your pain - they don't ship tobacco to Washington state either. However, they will ship pipes and lighters so I guess we're a little better off.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Sounds like a business opportunity for a risk taker:
Purchase from one of the large pipe tobacco houses, and drop ship to people Canada.
Now that the NSA has a copy of this post in the government database, that business opportunity is out of my realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.